Ways we can help
We offer a set of pioneering initiatives to increase the use of computational thinking (CT) for problem-solving at all levels and in all sectors. This includes ready-made courses and materials for professionals—with or without a technical education—colleges, schools and students. We are also the foremost organization for advising policymakers and governments on reform of educational systems and building new curricula to empower the next generation with computational thinking.
Schools and teachers
Supplement today's curriculum with core computational thinking skills so vital to your students' future.
We uniquely tie together the core computational thinking subjects of math and coding with other STEM subjects and beyond. Through CT, the aims of improving STEM-related education, improving critical thinking skills, improving problem-solving and improving digital literacy through a cross-curricular real-world education can be realized. ComputationalThinking.org gives teachers an all-in-one coordinated package that supports both novice and advanced teachers, not just at the present moment, but into the future as well."I greatly admire your work, because it is so far ahead of the digital learning experiences that most countries offer their students."
—Andreas Schleicher, Director for Education and Skills for OECD and PISA founder
Ready-made and custom-built CT resources
We can deliver fully packaged, broad-based CT courses to underpin a range of study paths. See inside our problem-solving modules.
Example projects ›
- Data science: Working with real data of all scales, incorporating modern visualization, statistics and data-driven probability.
- Geometry: Specifying constructs in space and their movement in multiple dimensions.
- Information theory: Efficiently and securely communicating datasets, images, sound or objects.
- Modeling: Computational models—scope, techniques, construction and application of modern computation to real-world problems.
- Architecture of computation: Utilizing underlying structures and concepts of the computational system.
Custom training for teachers
We can provide training to enable computational thinking skills to be integrated into your own teaching across the curriculum.
- Training teachers in ways to begin integrating a CT approach into your existing courses.
- Training teachers in the use of Wolfram technology in day-to-day learning.
We can build custom CT problem-solving modules designed specifically to meet the needs of your learners using regionally contextualized resources.
- How much smaller will the Great Barrier Reef be in 20 years?
- How do you model an evacuation?
- How have the President's speeches evolved?
- Where should we base our depot?
- Who is better? How do you decide?
A curriculum prepared for PISA 2021
Our modules fully cover the requirements set down by PISA in their 2021 mathematics framework. See how our curriculum compares.
Get this poster to help guide you through the four steps of computational (or mathematical) thinking.
School programs from Wolfram Research
Short challenges in algorithm and code design.
A unique educational and career opportunity.
Gain a certification of proficiency.
A remote learning opportunity for students.
Opportunities to develop the science, technology and tools of the future.